Dear PSG members,
Happy New Year! We hope you had a lovely festive period and a great start to 2015.
Winter Meeting / AGM, Saturday 24th January 2015
Meeting Room: Flett Theatre and Atrium
We cannot use the Dorothea Bate room this year, so will be meeting again in the "Flett Theatre and Atrium" area, which is easily accessed by entering the Natural History Museum via the Earth Sciences entrance in Exhibition Road. Once inside go up the steps, turn left and then go up the staircase until you reach the glassed-in Atrium area, on the left.
We are looking forward to seeing lots of you this Saturday for our Winter Meeting and AGM. The meeting looks to be a fantastic line up of illustrated talks, a short film ("Sticky"), 'Name the Species' competition, the chance to grill our experts with phasmid questions, plus the ever-enthusiastic livestock exchange!
You are encouraged to arrive any time after 10/10:30am to meet and mingle and the meeting will start promptly at 11:30am. Refreshments will be available (for a small donation) and entry to the Natural History Museum is free, so you might like to have a look around before or after the meeting - there is plenty to see! Details on how to get the museum can be found here: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/getting-here.html
- No snow is forecast, however, temperatures are near freezing so wrap up and be conscious of keeping all livestock warm too.
- Please also bring your PSG membership card, you will need to wear it at the meeting (holders provided)
- Membership renewal - please bring your membership renewal money to the meeting and give it to Paul Brock - or be super organised and pay in advance via PayPal! Details at the bottom of this page: http://phasmid-study-group.org/content/Join-PSG
- Livestock for exchange: please make sure they are in an appropriate-sized container, with enough food and clearly labelled with: their PSG number and name, your name, what food you have been feeding them, what conditions they prefer and any other helpful rearing information.
- Please remember to check all your livestock has been rehomed before leaving the meeting! We request you take home any stock that is left over, thank you.
- Feedback - if you wish to give feedback about any aspect of the PSG (website, newsletter, meetings, membership etc.), please talk to a member of the committee at the meeting, we would love to hear your comments and are keen to incorporate members' wishes wherever possible.
See you there!
Phasmid Study Group