Dear PSG members,
Happy New Year! We hope you had a lovely festive period and a great start to 2014.
Winter Meeting / AGM, Saturday 18th January 2014
Important - Room Change
We cannot use the Dorothea Bate room this year, so will be meeting in the "Flett Theatre and Atrium" area, which is easily accessed by entering the Natural History Museum via the Earth Sciences entrance in Exhibition Road. Once inside go up the steps, turn left and then go up the staircase until you reach the glassed-in Atrium area, on the left.
We are looking forward to seeing lots of you tomorrow for our Winter Meeting and AGM. The meeting looks to be a fantastic line up of interesting talks, an exciting livestock competition, the chance to grill our experts with phasmid questions, plus the ever-enthusiastic livestock exchange!
The meeting will start at 11:30am prompt, however, you are welcome to arrive any time from 10am to meet and mingle with members before the meeting starts (refreshments will be available). Entry to the Natural History Museum is free, so you might like to have a look around before or after the meeting - there is plenty to see! Details on how to get the museum can be found here: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/index.html
- Fortunately, there is no snow forecast this year! We hope the rain will be easier to battle and won't stop you getting to us :-) Temperatures don't look too bad at around 10 degrees.
- Membership renewal - please bring your membership renewal money to the meeting and give it to Paul Brock - or be super organised and pay in advance via PayPal! Details at the bottom of this page: http://phasmid-study-group.org/content/Join-PSG
- Please also bring your PSG membership card, you will need to wear it at the meeting (holders provided)
- Livestock competition - bring in your most impressive livestock specimens (one species per cage, labelled) to show off - everyone loves looking at these and the best one will win a prize!
- Livestock for exchange: please make sure they are in an appropriate-sized container, with enough food and clearly labelled with: their PSG number and name, your name, what food you have been feeding them, what conditions they prefer and any other helpful rearing information.
- Please remember to check all your livestock has been rehomed before leaving the meeting! We request you take home any stock that is left over, thank you.
- Feedback - if you wish to give feedback about any aspect of the PSG (website, newsletter, meetings, membership etc.), please talk to a member of the committee at the meeting, we would love to hear your comments and are keen to incorporate members' wishes wherever possible.
See you there!
Phasmid Study Group